- About the Program
- Hoot Night
- - New to Hoot? Orientation & Tips
- Nancy M. Hill Poetry Celebration
- - The celebration story
- - The calendar of events
- - How you can help - buy a button!
- - Featured Poet: Cyrus Cassells
- - Featured Poet: Mekeel McBride
- - Featured Poet: Stephen Kuusisto
- Meet the Poet Laureate
- Poetry's HeART - how it began
- - Creation Circles' history and links
- Poet Pat Parnell's 90th Birthday!
- Former Poets Laureate
- - Gallery April '14 Poets Laureate
- Poems from the Hoot
- Building the Arts Community
- - Board of Trustees & Volunteers
- - Esther Buffler Residency
- PPLP Calendar
~ Contact Us
"Beauty is not caused. It is." ~ Emily Dickinson
These are selections from the monthly poetry series, "Poems from
We will be selecting from poems read at the Portsmouth Poet Laureate Programs
monthly Poetry Hoot night for publication in this space and
adding a few thoughts of our own,
(from PPLP members Lesley Kimball and Harvey Shepard) These articles are taken
from Spotlight Magazine,
published every Thursday in the Portsmouth Herald.
To have a your work considered for review, poem must be read at The
and submitted to us ~ Please limit your piece to a maximum of 19 lines/15 words per line.
Keep writing - one and all,
Harvey and Lesley
Read Poems and Reflections:
All are invited to attend The
Poetry Hoot, held on the first Wednesday of each month at 7p.m.
at Café Espresso in Plaza 800 on Islington Street. Get